12 Important Things How To Starting a Successful Eyelash Business
You are all set to make your lash artist journey into a reality. What do you do next? Before you start on your lash dream, let us point the 12 most important tips that us professionals knew before we started your lash business easy. In the hustle and bustle of the Mink Lash business, you will wish you’d known these Tips for Starting a Successful Eyelash Business earlier too. So, check the pro tips for starting your Mink eyelash business right below.
Table of Contents
12 Important Things You Need to Know Before Starting a Successful Eyelash Business
- Starting a successful eyelash business is tough if you’re a rookie. If you’re experienced, good for you. There’s much more you can learn from our experts below when they point out the best tips that can make or break a lash business.
- Lash clients need trust to integrity and honesty from their lash artists. Do you need to invest a lot for being a lash artist? How to keep your clients coming back as a lash artist? All the answers are waiting below for you …
Research The Lash Market and Demographics
- First step to start your own lash business is research. You need to get a clear idea of who you are going to serve. To do so, go to your local park or bench and watch the bustling crowd in the venue where you want to set up. Record the age, gender, nature and style of the market group.
- You can also go online and start browsing statistics of the local crowd for your area. Find out the niche as an eyelash artist to serve a special crowd. If you see areas where nobody has ventured as a lash artist, take it as the cue to do it.
- Try to make an ideal customer persona so that you always know who you are trying to serve as a lash artist.
Name Your Brand. Define Your lash Brand. Register Your Lash Brand.
- Second most important thing for starting your own lash business is by naming your brand. You need to define the brand you want to start. Select a name that reflects with your ideal customer persona. When you’re naming your brand, also try to impress your target demographic.
- Once you’ve determined your brand name, next step is to describe its missions, goals and visions. Try to think of the reasons that set you apart from your competitors.
- The next job is to register your brand. Contact your local authority and register the brand. It is different in every state and the same will inform you about the requirements you need to put in.
Find a Wholesale Lash Vendor
- Choosing the right mink lashes vendors may be one of the hardest decisions a procurement department has to make and 31% of procurers stated this as the hardest part of their job.
- The right mink lashes vendors means that your products and services are delivered on time, that you are receiving the optimal price to meet your needs and that the quality is in compliance with your standards while the mink lashes stylist is fashion and attract more eyes from your clients.
- On the other hand, making a mistake when choosing a mink lashes vendors can affect the satisfaction of your deliverables to your customers and the company reputation.
Check Out Your Lash Business Competitors
When you’re trying to tap into lash demographic, you need to know what your competitors are offering. Pose as a client and visit your competitor’s saloon so that you know the type of experience they offer as well as the prices. Competitor menu is a good place to get ideas to make your own.
You can take a walk around your locality to find the competitors. Alternatively, you can also google the keywords that define your business such as ‘lash business’ and find other businesses. It will help you get inspired and boost your confidence as a lash artist. Checking your competition also shines light on the tactics they use and the best techniques to attract and retain your lash clients.
Rent Vs Home Vs Office for Your Lash Business
If you’re not stable financially, you can always rent a saloon space to setup your lash business. Rental saloons can be changed to permanent ones when you have a stable income and recurrent clients. You don’t need a lot of startup capital in this case. The general consensus is that you will break even only in the third year with a rental saloon.
When you’re starting a home based saloon, the rental charges can be low. However, you need to start investing in lash and saloon equipment from scratch. Security and insurance depends on your individual choices in a home lash saloon.
Getting a saloon space requires high capital. But, if you consider it as an investment, it can definitely pay off.
You can also have a mobile lash station where you go to the home of the client for the lash session. Although, the light and comfort level of setting up your station somewhere else can be a tad bit tough.
Create A Menu For Lash Products
Once you have completed your research, you need a menu. You needn’t charge high to get noticed. You can beat the competition by charging fair. Check the personal branding tips for lash artists.
Think about the things you can offer in your menu. A regular lash saloon has the items and services such as Initial Set, Filling, Removal and even Gift Cards. You can add other aesthetician services too, if you know it.
You can include new services and filling by lash type, volume or curl too. Another way to divide your lash business menu is by packages for individuals, groups and friends. Eyelash Perm and eyebrow extension are other services to include in your menu. Tinting, shaping, and refilling can be added to your lash saloon menu too.
Sell an Experience
- Instead of selling eyelash extension filling, sell a whole experience. A spa is noted for the ambiance it provides more than the service. The same way, give your clients more than they expect. The tips to retain your lash clients will help you do the same.
- When you’re starting a new business, you can create brand recognition by adding rewards for your clients. Keep a clean station. Always place the sanitation tools ready. Give a warm welcome to your clients and make the session all about them.
Make A New Official Email Id
- If I could, I would add this as the first point. Once you’ve settled on a brand name, next step is to create a brand name email id. Your [email protected] is not appropriate for office email. Get yourself a new email idea on Gmail or Hotmail if you don’t have a professional website for your lash brand yet.
- When you present your card, make sure this email id is on the card. Forward the emails to your personal id or keep a schedule to check the official mail 4-5 times per week. It will reflect your brand identity and boost your brand exposure too.
Get A Professional Lash Website
- The most important step of setting up a new lash business is exposure. If you don’t get credibility, fame and exposure, your business is getting nowhere. For lash professionals, physical saloon is a must. But you can also double your profits by getting clients from online search engines. How to do it? Set up a lash website and add content that your target audience searches for.
- You can hire a developer and content writer to get your brand across the world, in line with the competition.
Open A Bank Account/ Paypal in Your Brand Name
- Once you’re all set, the next step is to setup your official bank account. Go to your parent bank and talk to the customer care executives on setting up a bank account. Typically, your business registration number is a must-have for setting up a bank account under your brand name.
- You can also set up a PayPal Business name and account for your brand. Furthermore, divert the earnings to your PayPal account directly. With a large audience finding PayPal easy to use, setting up will be crucial for your lash business.
Select A Good Booking System
- Next up is your booking system. Do you follow a pen and paper booking system? Meaning, a secretary is manually taking down information and compiling them as bookings? Then, you need the modern booking system for your lash business.
- A good booking system pleases the client and keeps you updated without chaos or disturbances. Having to reschedule is not a good comment on any lash business. Your booking system will determine whether your lash business will grow up or down.
What’s Your Adhesive? Where Are You Getting Your Lashes?
- We understand you’re trying to make a cost-efficient budget. However, are you ready to sacrifice your clientele and brand reputation for it? You need to get certified quality glue for lashes. It will decide how the eyelash extension will look on your client as well as the longevity of the lashes. What will you do if your client has a bad reaction? Good lash glue companies always send you sample glue you can try before you finalize your choice.
- Once you’ve finalized the glue situation, you need basic eyelash extensions. You can get them customized with your brand logo at Dolvlashes. We cater to custom eyelash extensions so you can create a unique business around your talent and skill set.
- Consider from 3d faux Mink lashes, mink lashes, 3D mink lashes and synthetic lashes, when you’re trying to find the best lashes for your clients. Giving them enough options is vital to present yourself as authority of lashes!
Wondering how to retain your eyelash clients or make them come back more? We’ve got you! Any other doubt? Ask us below!